Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wednesday Wakings


I can still vividly remember the night I had to tell a friend about you. We were in the getting-to-know-you phase, and I felt it was something in my boring, waking life. I needed to tell a close friend, and so I did. It did not sit well with her. She is high maintenance with high standards after all, or at least she seems to be. She asked me what's the status, and I said, "Text, text." "How cheap" was the reply I got. I did not expect such an offensive and straight answer. It was a really hurtful blow to my ego because I knew exactly what she meant. 

You acted like we are close friends, but you could not even ask me out. You loved texting and chatting, telling me silly sweet nothings, but you could not even ask me out.

Three years later with much realization, proof and assurance, my friend was actually right. No matter how harsh the words were, they spoke the truth. You are cheap and you get cheap girls. I am happy that I did not end up with you, or I could have been included in your cheap list. I am not cheap after all. I am way above you and your girls' levels. And I regret I wasted a lot of my time with a tasteless person like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment